Barbie123 2nd May 2018
this is disgusting we are struggling enough to pay our council tax and other things rent etc. etc.
Dorothy if you have a spare thousand under your mattress please post thru my door
if she gave to the Muslim Centre what ever you want to call it why didn’t she give to other
- the churches
- other community centre
- people who are actually struggling
- it is called stealing
- now you are trying to get out of this one
- maybe you should retire all together
- wonder what the House of Lords would think we MUST let them know some how….
- also wonder what sort of money Dotty would pinch from the house of lords
this is fraud get the fraud team on her from WBC
if this was any other Cllr… Mayor… any other… there would be an investigation why not now!! huhh
1 week before elections
- pushed dotty hubby over (who never is allowed to speak his own mind he does have a tongue)
- slipped Peter Taylor in Mr Bean…. never seen or heard of Peter Taylor ever
this is disgraceful
- she should apologise and get this money back
- by giving this she is buying votes that’s what she thinks
- maybe Peter has given some back handers also on the quiet vote for me and I will get you a house… or give you 1,000 for voting for me
- finally dscudder needs a lorry load of tissues for his sweaty head and every time he opens his mouth who needs beetroot do you know what I mean!!!! you just have to look at him – fancy him making you a cuppa you won’t need water cause his sweat will be enough to fill the kettle up.
Thornhill’s Legacy 30 April 2018
- 1.5m Overspent on IT
- Cancelling an IT contract because Cllr Watkins incompetence
- 4.5m spent of pavement and a bridge to nowhere because dotty wanted to impress the boss of WB
- The highest council tax in the county with the most privatised services where is our money going?
- 70% of land built on
- less than 5% social housing
- 0% affordable housing according to shelter
- not a brick laid for a new hospital instead we are given a wealth campus
- green space been sold off
- allotments closed for a slab of concrete
- childrens services cut
- her support of the bedroom tax
- her support of austerity
- her claiming two salaries and doing half a job
- failure to pay benefits on time due to her cabinet’s ineptitude
this is her legacy
Wed 12 Apr 17
Footpath to be reinstated following public outcry http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15219576.Footpath_to_be_reinstated following_public_outcry/
Prime Minister calls snap election for June 8 http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15230137.Prime_Minister_calls snap election_for_June_8/
Labour celebrate after holding off by-election assault by Liberal Democrats’ parliamentary candidate
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15268136.Labour_celebrate after holding_off_by_election assault_by_Liberal_Democrats_parliamentary_candidate/
Mrs Trawfod Fri 5 May 17
Since I have lived in Watford … I have never seen any thing other than Lib Dem propaganda through my letterbox ( probably in that time they have demolished a large forest). There is little evidence of any other candidates.
Perhaps Ms Thornhill should spend a little more time reading the Highway code and understanding which side of the road she should drive on .. I witnessed her driving at speed and turning into a road without stopping on the wrong side of the road an accident was only avoided as the other car stopped in time or she would have hit it straight on!
For those who don’t know that is Watford’s FibDem Mayor and a member of House of Lords!!!
Lib Dems blame Labour leaflet for election losses
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/15268549.Lib_Dems_blame_Labour leaflet for_election_losses/
john7090 Fri 5 May 17
“he could have been both the councillor and the MP”
Dotty seems to manage being the Mayor and her ‘work’ at the Lords somehow.
GW: Well FibDem Mayor D Thornhill set that precedent didn’t step down from a paid Mayor position but said she intended to hold down HofL & Mayor and get paid for both. So maybe the voters just thought ”not again”.
UK 2017 General Election: How to Vote
15 May 2017
Labour climbs to highest poll rating since start of election campaign
At the end of their last term of mismanagement Labour were borrowing £3 billion a week just to keep their policies active. Even if they had been returned to power in 2010 this could not have continued and they would have been forced by our creditors to put in place many of the austerities they now castigate the Tories for. When it comes to voting there is only one question for people to ask themselves before they decide how to choose and it is as follows. If since 2000 the L-r Party had been continuously in power do they think they would be substantially better or worse off now? If the answer to that question is ‘No’ then there is surely no reason to tempt fate and give them power over us again. There could be a question number two. Do people believe that the Farronites manic opposition to Brexit is founded on a belief that Brits will be better off by staying in the EU or is it more to do with the unelected power that small parties enjoy by association with their similar in the EU?
The economy was just starting to recover in 2010 .
Because we had hit the biggest financial crisis in history. In 2008 Debt to GDP was 45%, historically this is a low-level of debt. Stop lying about the situation.
What’s the debt mountain now after 7 years of Tory mis-rule? Oh yeah, greater than at any other time in history and worse still, greater than all previous administrations combined moving ever closer to £2 trillion. Where has that money gone ‘friend’. But no international banking crisis to explain such a position, yet this our reality.
cakes & ale
Steady progress from Labour, JC is beginning to cut through with the voters. I still believe that this election will break for Labour in the last two weeks, 35% would mean a hung parliament and the SNP will never prop up the Tories. It can happen and here’s how:
May is personally popular but she is not impregnable, her greatest weakness is her cabinet, its clear she trusts no one except Fallon and Ruth Davidson, Labour need to exploit that and target weak links like Hammond, BoJo the Clown and especially the Cunning Hunt.
It’s time for McDonnell to play bad cop methinks; weaponise the cyber attack, blame the Health Secretary personally (politics was never meant to be fair) its his fault that the NHS is using computers that are older than some of our nurses, nurses how are having to use food banks! Shameful.
I also think that JC should do as many leaders debates and TV appearances as he possibly can, whether May is there or not, people need to see the man and not the caricature that the Tory press portrays. Social media also has a role to play, the first priority should be to get young people registered to vote before the deadline.
The tide is turning.
May 2018 Mayoral Election – so long as we don’t get this?
“I am deeply sorry”: Nashville mayor admits affair with police bodyguard