Anonymous 9 June 2017
“10 questions prompted by a seemingly unfathomable election”
1. Were the Conservative administration — its major decisions — the policy content of its manifesto — and the Tory election campaign itself — all deliberately set up and intended to fail?
2. In other words, were the Conservatives secretly and illicitly sabotaged by those operating under cover of shadows whose modus operandi is masking their true agenda with deceit?
3. If so, to which part of the Tory establishment or their overlords do the saboteurs belong, and what was/is their agenda?
4. Was/is Theresa May either aware of the notional conspiracy to sabotage, or indeed part of it herself (actively or passively)?
5. Was/is the faction’s ultimate goal, in weakening and destabilising the existing UK administration, to reverse Brexit?
6. Or, was/is the faction’s ultimate goal, in weakening and destabilising the existing UK administration, to ensure that the meaning of Brexit continues to be watered down to the point of “harmlessness”? (Bremain in effect if not in policy.)
7. Do the notional saboteurs now plan to put Jeremy Corbyn in Number 10 after x months? Or John McDonnell? Perhaps Boris Johnson? Michael Fallon? Zac Goldsmith? Or Ruth Davidson? Someone else?
8. Perhaps the plan is simply to have a PM in Number who is as pliable as possible?
9. Is there huge treasure to be obtained from the inevitable slide of sterling and/or other election-related investment “gambles”?
10. Have the people who plot and carry out such charades and offences against democracy no consciences whatsoever?
*N.B. question 10 is rhetorical.