On 25 February 2012
“The Tories are claiming to be the Workers’ Party. Yes, really. http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/25/conservatives-workers-party-rebrand
‘Speaking at the new Conservative campaign headquarters, the Tory Party Chairman Grant Shapps will say: “The Conservatives are the Workers’ party and we are on your side.”‘
What a rebrand!
- That’s the same Party who have made it easier to sack workers.
- The Party who have made working people who have been unfairly sacked stump up £1200 to get justice at a tribunal.
- The Party who allowed employers to bribe workers to give up their rights at work.
- The Party who took the EU to court to stop a tough cap on bankers’ bonuses.
- The Party who have presided over a 2.2% pay cut for workers in every year since 2010.
The list goes on….
We can’t let them get away with this pretence. They’re wrong.”
There’s a link to a petition but maybe an email to your MP might work as well. Better still, tell all your friends. http://www.unionstogether.org.uk/page/s/tory-rebrand